Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recipes, recipes, recipes...

Yes, I feel that my blog posts are mostly about what I make to eat lately. Hmm. I guess it is a way to be creative but it's not like I come up with these recipes on my own or anything. I love to search the web for a good recipe and then make it and enjoy it. This afternoon I felt like something sweet, but was too tired to bake anything so I decided to try a recipe I found a while back. It turned out pretty good so here we go:


Peanut Butter & Chocolate Covered Banana Slices

Bananas
Chocolate Chips
Peanut Butter
Coconut flakes

Melt the Chocolate chips with the Peanut butter in the microwave or on the stove in a waterbed. Cut the bananas in pretty thick slices and dip them in the chocolate. I dipped half the slice first and then put it on a piece of parchment paper on a plate and then covered the rest of the slice with chocolate/peanut butter mix with a spoon. However you do it is fine as long as the whole slice is covered with a yummy layer of chocolate and peanut butter goodness. Then sprinkle them with some coconut flakes before you put the plate in the freezer. Leave it in there for at least an hour before you enjoy it. The bananas almost taste like vanilla ice cream. 

I'm enjoying mine with some Chamomile tea. 

I did not eat all of them, although I could have, I just wanted it to look pretty for the picture..

Other than that, I'm watching the US Open (tennis) and I am very excited that tomorrow is Friday. I hope you are having a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment