Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Christmas already?

Although I work everyday of the week I feel like I have to keep busy when I'm at home, otherwise I'll be spending every afternoon on the couch watching lame stuff on the TV. Something that will help me from being lazy is remembering the $90 I'm about to spend on a booth at this years Swedish Christmas Fair in downtown Atlanta. Yes peeps, that is why I've been making a ton of Swedish Dala Horses lately. I'm a bit nervous about it, what if NOBODY buys my stuff!? Oh well, I've convinced myself that if that happens, I'll be okay with it. I'm not just making Dala Horses, I'll be trying to make some things in the near future and show em' off here on the blog so you, my friends, can tell me if they are sellable or not. Yesterday I went to the local fabric store and bought some Christmas fabric, so I better get going!

some of the stuff I've done and some stuff that still needs some fixin' with..

time to get to work with all this fabric!

My own version of the Dala Horse.

Okay, now this was my first time making an apron and the embroidery that says "God Jul". I definitely have to call up my mom or farmor and see how to do the embroidery the correct way. Obviously. This one will be worn by me behind the booth. Let's hope the other ones turn out better! :)  



Hope everyone is doing great!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Elin, I got sooo excited for you when I read this, that you are going to be at the Swedish Christmas Fair. What an excellent idea!! That's a great way to "feel it out" a little, what people think/like and so on... but no matter what they think, I want to buy some of your things ;) You are soo creative!! Can't wait to see what else you'll come up with. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalahästarna är så SÖTA, kan man få önska sig en ;) Har tittat efter dig på skype men vi verkar inte kunna vara inloggade samtidigt :( Saknar dig så mkt!! Puss o kram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carro! :)

    Malin, det ar klart du far onska dig en. Ja, vi missar varandra pa skype. Snart sa! :)

    ReplyDelete