Monday, December 12, 2011

Swedish Christmas Fair

Yes, the Christmas Fair came and went. It was soo much fun and i can't believe it, but I sold everything I made! I should have made so so much more because most of my stuff were gone after only 2 hours. Very exciting. I'm so glad I did it, it was a lot of work, but totally worth it! 

All the pictures but the two last ones are from when I set up the table at home the night  before to "try it out"

I had two small "tomte nissar", or Santa's helpers, as decorations. So many people asked me if they could buy them. But I aint selling these. :)

I made Swedish candy, "kola" and 'knack". The kola is from a special recipe from the village I grew up in. A neighbor of mine told me the story behind it ad I put it down on paper.

These were the pillows. My two favorite ones were gone before the fair started.

I made a bunch of these Dala Horse Hairclips and they were very popluar!

I blogged about the felt hearts I made a few weeks ago  and I had them displayed on the table like this to show people ideas on how to use them.

Another one of Santa's helpers showing people where to find the knack. I should have made so so much more of it when it was gone in a flash!

These Dala horses are to put in the Christmas tree and they where also gone quick!

Although it was a Swedish Fair and a lot of people probably know about the Dala Horse I attached a little tag with the history of the Dala Horse on each one.

A close up of the Dala Horse Hairclip



These two pictures are from the Fair. 



That is it folks!

Maybe again next year? I better get to making things soon! :)

Don't know if I'll blog anymore before I go to Sweden on Thursday. We'll be gone for a while so I will probably be back then!

GOD JUL everybody!!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, kräbäckskolan!!! den är typ de goooodaste godiset ju!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hejsan Elin
    det var Agneta B som skrivit på fb om kräbäckskola o din blogg , så var jag tvungen o gå in o kolla. vilka fina grejer du gjort. Å va kul att du kommer hem o firar jul här hemma i år. Kram från Annika på Lingonguppet =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elin - I am so proud of you, if I may. So much energy and engagement, so much talent, so much of everything!!! Where will this end? I can see a line of stores called "Elin Blue" filled with all kinds of stuff that will enlighten our little lives. No crap, only high quality but with a gentle touch and a warm smile. Keep walking the road you're on, girl!

    ReplyDelete