Monday, March 12, 2012

Applique Tuturiol

Okay, so I gave you all a sneak peak of my latest project, here is how I did it:

The little girl's name start with a M, so I found a M that I liked online and traced it. Yep, I don't have a printer, so I just put the paper up against my computer screen and voila, there's my M.

She loves horses, so I did the same thing there. Traced and cut out. Then I cut out the horse in one fabric and the M in another fabric.

Then I traced and cut out some Heat & Bond and lined it up with my fabric and placed it where I wanted it on my t-shirt and used my iron to iron in onto the shirt.

To make it a little more durable I used the zick zack stitch on my sewing machine around both the horse and the M. 

Right before I "zick-zacked" around the M. 


Finished product!


I bought two t-shirts but with the other one I decided to make something else. I cut out flowers from some pink fabric and then I "zick-zacked" around them and then I put two flowers on top of each other and took embroidery thread to make the circle in the middle to attach the flowers to the shirt. It turned out pretty cute! 



Here are them both, finished. 

This project was a lot of fun and easy. You can totally do it!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you keep me happy with your comments. :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice!! Not that anything you make is not nice ;)
    Hope you are having a great week both of you!

    ReplyDelete