Friday, July 22, 2011

Are you still checking in on me?

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't. I have been away from the blog for awhile because of my darn computer. It broke down again last Saturday and I just got it back. I haven't had time for much though while it has been gone when I've been working a lot. Which has been good, I def need the money in my wallet.

Today is Friday and I've been quite busy. I made my hubby a cake (it's his birthday tomorrow, happy b-day!) last night and decorated it this morning for people at his work. I made a Pinocchio cake, a traditional Swedish cake that my farmor Siv and my mother often make. I was worried how it would turn out and it wasn't the most gorgeous cake, but oh-so-yummy! And I covered it with whipped cream and fresh berries anyways, so no one would know that the top of the cake didn't come out as good as when farmor or my mom makes it. 

hearts because I love him so! ;)



I also went to the garden this morning and harvested some tomatoes, okra, squash and potatoes. I don't know if I've told you yet but me and my cousin Lars has this "competition" going when it comes to our gardens. He has been posting pictures on his Facebook showing off his garden at home in Sweden, and I have to say that his looks really groomed and pretty. Our? Well, it started off that way, but I'm afraid that we no longer are the bosses over there. It's a mess. We're getting plenty of vegetables to harvest, but things are just growing everywhere! Our tomatoes are clinging on to our posts and fence and our squash is no growing out of it's little planter box to completely obstruct the pathways that we can hardly see by now... Oh well, I guess we need a larger space? Yikes!

this is our tomato plant furthest back, can you see how it is grabbing on to the fence and just keeps growing? In the forefront is our squash blocking the way into the garden...

yummy potatoes!

to the right is our tomatoes and squash, and to our left; peppers, okra and more tomatoes.. I think the compost (the black plastic "thingy") is the cause of our "problem". It's probably feeding our vegetables with tons of good nutrients and that is why they are growing out of control! 


today's harvest. 
That is it for today. Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I check in you everyday and try to keep up with your blog too.
    Loved the cake and everything you planned this weekend.
    Keep up the great blog bc although I know what you're up to generally, I like reading your thoughts in print.
    Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete