Monday, July 11, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

I have heard that Chicken Noodle Soup can make wonders for a sick body, so I thought I'd test the theory. I'm not that sick, but something is trying to take a hold of my body and I'm eager to fight it off. So today I made my husbands own recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup. He makes a lot of delicious dishes and he rarely uses recipes; he likes to put in whatever he feels would be good. Most of the times it comes our tasting wonderful, but then we have no exact way of knowing what he put in there and how he made it, so the next time we make it it usually does not come out the way we remembered it. So I've told him to start writing things down we he is cooking and one time, long ago when I was feeling under the weather, he decided to make me Chicken Noodle Soup and he actually remembered to write the ingredients down. It was a hit! So delicious! So today I used the recipe he wrote down while making his soup and it was yet another hit. So amazingly good! Yum! I know a chef should not reveal his secrets but this is too good and too easy to not share with friends and family, so here we go:

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
2 large carrots
2 celery stalks
2 medium onions
5 garlic cloves
2 chicken bouillon cubes
2 teaspoons of salt
25 twists from the black pepper grinder (yeah, I don't know how much that is, maybe 1 teaspoon?)
1 tablespoon of white pepper
1 quart (almost 1 liter) water
1 quart (almost 1 liter) chicken stock

Dice the garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Place the chicken breasts in bottom of a large pot and put in all ingredients but the chicken stock (the chicken breasts will be covered with water). Bring to a boil while covered and boil for 20 minutes. Take out the chicken breasts and shred/cut the chicken into little pieces and then put in pot again together with the 1 quart of chicken stock. I let it boil up again for a little while. While all this is going on I boil some pasta on the side (I used orzo this time and that was wonderful in it) and put into the soup pot last minute. And that is it. Yum!

doesn't look like much, but it is SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment