Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dinner Swap!

My Swedish friend Ida suggested that we try to do a dinner swap today. Dinner swap you may ask? Well, we are four people participating so that means we have to cook for four people, me and Christian included. Like this: this morning I made four veggie pies. One for us and three for the rest of the participants. So today when we meet I'll be handing over one pie to each person and they are going to hand out something to me. So I'll be leaving bringing home dinners for three nights + the dinner I made. Confusing? A little, but I'm excited to not have to cook dinner every night of this week, instead all I have to do is put something in the oven to heat up. It is the first time I'm doing something like this but I'm excited to see what the other people have made. :)

As you know my dad sent me a bunch of Allers magazines the other day and that's where I found the recipe for the pie I made. I was a little nervous not knowing how it would turn out, but we had ours for lunch and it was AMAZING!! My hubby said we should make this pie once a week. That's a good sign! 

The pictures are out of order but you can see the recipe below. Try it!! 





2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an excellent idea!! And how exciting to get different kinds of food, and perhaps to get to try something new. And you don't have to cook for a couple of days! Wish I could do this here as well... who knows, might try it one day! :)
    Let me know what you got to eat!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the non-cooking on weekday nights is awesome! I have had so far delicious "flygande Jacob" and a ham and veggies pie that also tasted yummy! I have some chicken Enchiladas left to try. :) You should do it with your friends, it's a fun ativity to do with your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete