Sunday, April 29, 2012

From Garden To Table

Yesterday I was living my dream. We were able to harvest our beets from the garden and later cook them at the house for dinner. It was amazing! We also steamed some peas from the garden and while I'm usually not that crazy about peas, let me tell you, these were incredible! We roasted the beets by putting them in an aluminum package, drizzled with olive oil and S+P, in the oven for about 45 min. Then we used our lettuce from the front patio and put the sliced roasted beets, some toasted walnuts and a blue cheese dressing on top. I also made a pie/quiche from Georgia's own Vadalia onions. It was SO good! I now wish I would have put down many more beet seeds! 


the peas..yum!
the beets about to be thrown into the oven.
lettuce from the front porch.
the beets right out of the earth.
I put some lettuce seeds down i a huge pot that I have on the front porch and they've grown SO nicely!
The goodness all on one plate. Delicious!
My handsome hubby enjoying every bite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment