Saturday, January 21, 2012

Garden

In the fall I planted some fall veggies in our garden and I've totally neglected them. The way I work these days make it hard for me to go over there and then we were gone over the holidays but this week I felt so bad about it I had to run over there. I'm glad to report that my in-laws has been taking good care of my little babies and they are growing just fine. I was able to harvest some lettuce and radishes that we ate that night with dinner and it was delicious! I love the act of planting a seed, seeing it grow and then be able to harvest it. 

I'm starting to plan for the summer and what I should plant this year. I'm pretty glad with out my garden came out last year, but there were some veggies that I don't think I'll plant this year. I'm definitely going to plant tomatoes, but I need to figure out a good way to keep the birds out of the way, I lost way too many to those darn birds. I love the easiness of squash, although my garden is almost to small to contain those monsters of a plant. We planted okra last year, because I thought my hubby would pickle the heck out of those suckers, but not so much, so I'm skipping those this year. Peppers for sure, love me some fresh peppers. I'd love to find a good cucumber seed that does good in a pot. 

Anyways, here are some pictures of our harvest this week.



this is our dinner, so yummy. 


Have a great weekend! I'm done with one pillow so I'll make sure to blog about it over the weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment