Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Bedroom

For some time ago I mentioned I wanted to redo my bedroom and I also shared a few pictures with you after I started my project. I have been fixin with things in there and we're almost done, there are a few more touch ups on our new crown molding and then I think I'm pretty much done. My friend Carro asked me the other week about the room and I think I'm now ready to show it off. 

I have a few "before pictures" to show first: 




Okay, so here are the "after-pictures": 

here is our bed. I only really changed the pillows. Some old IKEA pillows, two new ones from Homegoods and I made the long one in front with some old burlap I had lying around and some old pillows


this is our old dresser, I would like to have a white one, but I'm afraid painting it would be too much of a hassle. I changed the hardware on a few places and I think it's just fine. The mirror was given to me from a friend who had it lying in her basement collecting dust. I painted it white.

I framed the embroidery made by my mother in an IKEA frame I had forgotten I had. On the bottom is a wedding pic from our wedding.

another view of the bed

close up on all the pillows. The headboard is made by my hubby out of some old windows from his parents house.

one of my favorite dresses from Anthropologie hanging on display.

That is it people. Now it is time to share your home with me, okay? Do it! 

Sleep tight my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment