Tuesday, April 26, 2011

blue bedroom?

I'm thinking about it.. I have been to the paint store so many times looking at paint swatches but I think I have finally made up my mind. It is called Sweet Slumber and it's a light light blue color. I'm thinking I'm going to paint the hallway that is leading up to our bedroom in the same color so that when you stand in the beginning of the hallway and can see our bedroom at the end it will be the same color which I'm hoping will make it all look bigger and cohesive. I actually went out to go get the paint today after work but some how I just kept going past the store.. Does that mean I'm not quite ready to take the step from green bedroom to blue? I'm thinking so. Or maybe I just don't like the idea of painting.. If I'm still feeling the light light blue by Friday, I'm taking a chance and buying the blue.

I've been surfing the web for inspiration and I thought I'd share some pictures with you all on what I'd like our bedroom to look like:


all pictures taken from google images
I would like to have orange and beige accent colors. A long long time ago we bought a duvet cover at IKEA that has an orange pattern. I'm thinking I may make some decorative pillows out of them.
this is the duvet cover we have in a drawer somewhere..   
I would not say no to a quilt looking like this for the end of our bed as a blanket for cold nights...


On our bedside tables right now we have the standard IKEA lamps with white bland lampshades, but I saw this online and I thought "I can do that!" so this is my vision:




from bland to super cute -------> 










We have a wood/veneer dresser that I would like to paint white, which may be hard, but I'm going to try it. I would like it to look something like this IKEA dresser and I would love to change out the knobs as well:
picture: IKEA.com
 
knobs from anthropologie.com
I guess I have to tell my hubby to go read my blog now to see if he's liking my vision.. It has to be a cheap makeover which just makes it more fun..

Have a wonderful night!

2 comments:

  1. Love your vision... I say go for it!! :) I'm excited to see the result!
    /Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! I bought the paint and I am just taking an itty bitty break from painting.. I'll let you know how it turned out! :)

    ReplyDelete