Sunday, April 17, 2011

Almost time...

.....to go get my hubby at the airport! So excited I'm about to burst into a million small little pieces. :) I had to do something with myself this morning to keep me from just sitting on one spot waiting for the clock to slowly tick away. So I made some homemade apple muffins. They turned out great. I found this recipe in a magazine called "Southern Living", but the creator of the recipe is far from Southern, the recipe is by Marcus Samulesson who runs the restaurant "Aquavit" in NYC. I have made it before as a cake, but this time I made muffins, when it's easier to grab one and go.


Apple muffins:
  • 1/2 cup ( 125ml) sugar
  • 1/2 cup (125ml)  packed light brown sugar
  • 2-3 apples of any kind, I had GALA.
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • About 50 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/4cups (312 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2/3 cup (166 ml) milk or cream
Cut apples in little pieces. Then mix the sugar and the brown sugar in a bowl. The remove 1/3 cup (83 ml) of the sugar mix and add cinnamon and the apple pieces. Then beat the remaining sugar mixture with the butter for about 2-3 min. Add the egg. Then add the flour and baking powder. Last, slowly pour in the milk. Then just use a spoon and put in muffin cups. I used a muffin pan and muffin cups. Yum!

I enjoyed mine with some sparkling water. It was delicious!

I also had some time to make myself pretty for my husbands arrival.. Which means some mascara and some girly earrings..

No comments:

Post a Comment