Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Basil pot

Last week, or maybe it was two weeks ago, I'm not sure when time seem to just fly by; I put down some basil seeds in a pot that some of you may recognize. Last Christmas we bought a tin can with Anna's gingerbread cookies at IKEA and I've kept it  not really knowing what to do with it. It is a really pretty tin can so I wanted to use it somehow. So I made a few holes in the bottom of it and then filled it with soil and then, of course, the basil seeds. Yesterday I noticed they have started to sprout. So excited! We have herbs at the garden at the in-laws but I like to have basil and parsley at home by the front door because I feel like they are the herbs we use the most.

cookie tin or pot? Hmmm.. 
find three basil leaves..
I see one!!
It is a really pretty day here with about 20 degrees Celsius and blue skies.. So wonderful. I think I'm going to go out on the front steps and enjoy the sight of my sprouting basil and maybe some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment