Saturday, April 9, 2011

new footstool

Last weekend, I think it was Friday, I spent some time on ebay.com to see if I could find some good steals. I ended up "impulse buying" a vintage footstool for $31 ( 193 kr). I had just bought a magazine called "Flea Market Style" and was totally set on making my house into a flea-market-style-kind-of-house. When it arrived at my door step, my itch for the flea market style was somewhat over... Yes, that is me in a nut-shell. Anyways, the footstool was not too bad, although since it is a vintage piece, the cushion on it was pretty dingy and dirty. So today, trying to keep my mind off of my long gone husband, I started making a new cover for it. I used fabric that I had laying around, a.k.a the ironing board fabric for $1 a yard. I'm so so pleased with how it came out! I have no clue on how to make these things, so I totally made it up as I went. This is the process:


this is the before picture, not too bad, but a little worn..
sewing what is to become the ruffles

then I added the ruffles onto the rectangular piece that I first had fitted to the stool.

Voila'! Looks very cute. I love it.


Does anyone want to come over for a movie night?  
 I'm very excited about this project. It is fun when something comes out the way you hoped it would.

Now, I'm about to head out to the grocery store, I have nothing in the fridge. Maybe a bottle of wine to reward myself for the hard work.

I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday afternoon.

2 comments: