Monday, April 25, 2011

a taste of Midsummer?

Yes, on Saturday I made the most delicious potato salad that tastes just like Midsummer in Sweden. I got the recipe from my aunt, but I know my mom made it as well on some Midsummer's. It is so fresh and yummy. It is served cold and I made it on Saturday evening for our Easter dinner on Sunday with the family and it is almost better tasting the day after. I am not too crazy about the creamy or mayo-based potato salads that you buy at the store so this one is a hit in my belly!

I just small or fresh potatoes and then cut them in half

I boiled eggs and cut them in small pieces as well as red onion

then I cut radishes in small pieces and added to the salad
Finally some fresh dill to make it very Swedish... 
I did not take a picture of the whole thing when it was all mixed up, but you get the idea. After I mixed it all up I made the dressing which was 2 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 4 Tablespoons of olive oil, 1 Tablespoon of water and 2 Tablespoons of mustard. Just add some salt and pepper as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment