Thursday, June 9, 2011

From "farm" to table

Yesterday afternoon we went to our garden to check on it after being gone the whole weekend and wow! Things are happening! It is so exciting to get to pick your own veggies and then go home to your kitchen and cook them.

We have so many cherry tomatoes! I can't wait for them to turn red.

The cherry tomato plant is taking over our whole garden, it's taller than me!

One cucumber on the way!

Some of the cherry tomatoes has turned red and they are so sweet and delicious!

Our okra plants are taking off, we have been watching them for awhile when we my hubby can't wait to make some pickled okra!

So pretty!
Then we steamed (my favorite way to cook veggies when it is a good way to lock in all the nutrient goodness that they possess) the squash and it was absolutely delicious! 
Now, time for work, I hope you are having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment