Monday, June 27, 2011

Midsummer the American way


Monday morning and a new week a head. I'll be fixin' with stuff here at home today but before I get up out of the couch I thought I show you some pictures from yesterday's Midsummer celebration. It was the yearly SACC (Swedish American Chamber of Commerce) Midsummer party and it was held in a park that is located just a short walk from our house. Although we where very American and took our car there because it was SO hot!

Janson's Temtation, egg with caviar, cheese pie, hot dogs, smoked salmon and crisp bread.. Yum!

We sang this version of the schnapps song "Helan gar"

Me and hubby in front of the Maypole

our friends Jessica and Johan and all the Swedish decorations
 We also went on a "Natur stig", or Nature walk, where you walk around and answer quiz questions. We also danced around the Maypole of course. It was a fun day, nothing beats celebrating it in Sweden of course, but hey, what to do?

On Friday when the actual Midsummer's Eve was, I tried to get in the spirit of it by making the little girl I babysat a Midsummer wreath. It turned out cute and she liked it, so I thought I'd share a photo with you: 

me and Deyo

No comments:

Post a Comment