Friday, June 17, 2011

Rhubarb - strawberry pie goodness!

I searched and I searched and I finally found my usb cord for my camera. So here is the recipe for the pie I made the other day. Of course it's Sweden's own Leila who was kind enough to share her fabulous recipe, thank you Leila! :)

A few rhubarb stalks
Some strawberries

250 gr butter
150 ml sugar
150 ml coconut flakes (this must be the secret, it made it very yummy!)
250 ml flour
150 ml oat meal (havregryn)

I mixed the strawberries and rhubarb with some sugar and flour and put it in a glass pie form and then covered them with the dough. In the oven for about 25 minutes on about 350 degrees (200 Celsius).


we had ours with some freshly whipped cream and it is delicious! 
I urge YOU to make it for dessert this weekend, you wont regret it. Especially you guys in Sweden where the rhubarb grows so nicely and you don't have to buy it at expensive Whole Foods. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment