Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"fika"


Yes, one of the most beautiful words out there is the Swedish word "fika". The way the word comes out of ones mouth may not be the most exciting sound but what it entails makes it my favorite word.

In Sweden we like to drink coffee. A LOT of coffee. Still, I don't think one Starbucks exist in the whole country. We make our coffee at home, from scratch. We usually don't just have coffee, we like to sweeten' it up a little with some baked goodies. So if you ever find yourself in Sweden one day and you walk into someones house, they are going to ask you if you want "fika". I encourage you to say YES to that question. You wont just have delicious coffee and baked goodies, but you will sit down for a few minutes out of your day and just exist. It is such a great way to spend a few moments of your day.

That is why my favorite word in the whole entire world is "fika"...

I enjoyed my "fika" today by myself and a cup of coffee and freshly baked 'sockerkaka" (vanilla cake).

No comments:

Post a Comment