Sunday, February 27, 2011

Garden work!

Just came home from a trip to the in-laws and our garden. I can't believe it but the onion I put down a few weeks ago, actually, I can look in my calender and see that it I put them down on Feb 9th, has started to sprout! I could not be more excited! I feel like a real gardener! :) They are coming up in pretty rows too, which looks nice.
I made my own "labels" out of rocks and some paint


We have lettuce down too, which as I mentioned before, has grown. We also put in carrots last weekend but I bet it'll take awhile for them to sprout and come up.

I went there to put in the Marigolds I bought so this is how that turned out. We've made our own little bed from rocks Christian picked from the woods/creek.
Pretty Marigolds to keep unwanted animals and such away
A gardener has to know how warm/cold it is outside.. :) 
I then drove to the mall and stopped in at Old Navy's and bought some clothes. Now I'm in the couch waiting for a hockey game at 5pm and then the Oscars. Nice mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment