Saturday, February 5, 2011

Garden?


We are about to go to C's parents and tend to our much forgotten garden. Started it last spring and it is time to start thinking about it again. We could have used it this fall/winter as well but we didn't. Mostly because I think we were lazy. But hey, we're beginners. This garden is the first step to reaching our dream, so we have to really do this seriously. It is hard though, with the garden being over at "the parents". I wish we could have it here, so when it is time to water it we could just go out the door and do it. As it is now we have to take the car and deal with it, which may have something to do with the fact that we didn't do so well last year. I also think we learned from last year, what we should and should not do. So I'm excited about this spring and the (hopefully) veggies we are about to receive. Last weekend when it was about 20 degrees Celsius here, I really felt like starting the garden again especially since I was lying in the park reading Barbara Kingsolver's  "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle". Such a wonderful book and SO inspiring (Look it up!). Today though, looking out the window seeing the drizzle outside, makes me want to just hide inside. But a real gardener, like the one I one day hope to become, can't sit inside just because it is raining.

Read this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment