Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!!

Yes, today I am yet another year older. It hurts a little, I'm now closer to 30 than 20, weird feeling. I have had a great day so far, although I am feeling slightly sick, I think another cold is trying to grab a hold of me.. I'm drinking Emergen-C and trying to fight it. I so want to have my Cupcake Party tomorrow! This morning my hubby woke me up (not really but I was pretending to be asleep) with breakfast in bed. A must being married to a Swede, when that is tradition in my country. I also got my second b-day gift, the first one was received last night after 6pm when in Sweden it was already Feb 19th. After breakfast I spoke to part of my family back home on Skype (thank you to whomever invented that!) and then we went to by myself some awesome new running shoes (1st gift)!

Now, I'm watching a hockey game and making some tissue flowers. Here's how I do it:

I fold it like an accordion. I've used about 6-8 sheets of tissue paper for each flower
Then I cut the ends to look a little more like a flower petal and I also use floral wire to tie it together in the middle
With the floral wire attached
Then just pull apart the layers of tissue paper to get the "fluffy" look
Finished!

Have a wonderful rest of this Feb 19th!

No comments:

Post a Comment