Sunday, February 6, 2011

No Superbowl for me.

No, I was so tired after working in the garden all day that I wanted nothing more than to just sit on my fine bottom and relax. So I drove my hubby to the Superbowl party we were suppose to attend together and took off. I don't think he minded much, this way he can hang out with the boys by himself and drink however many beers he want without me watching over him. :) My brother-in-law and his girl is bringing him home to me later tonight. I'm totally skipping the Superbowl and watching old SATC episodes instead. The beauty of being home alone I guess. :)

All day was spent at the parents and working on our garden. It was so much fun! But so much work! We finished the square fence and dug down the chicken wire (rabbit/rat protection) and we built new  bigger planting boxes out of the old ones. We started to fill in the planter boxes with the old dirt from the old garden but only made it half way through before we had to take off for Superbowl. We also got the composter situated next to our planting boxes so we have easy access to all the lush soil. It looks great and now I'm dying for spring to really arrive so we can plant some seedlings. We took some pictures but they are on C's phone so I'll post them later on.

No work today, which I was so happy about. Who want to hang out inside with such beautiful weather outside? Not me!

Now it is time to make some tea and eat some toast and Swedish cheese that my dear mother-in-law got for me at the Farmers Market. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment