Thursday, March 10, 2011

Carrots, carrots!

Yes, the carrots are sprouting in pretty rows in my garden. So so excited! I'm going to let them grow a little more before I have to thin them. Something that I think is the hardest part with being a "gardener"; the fact that you have to pull away healthy little seedlings that I would rather see grow.. But I know, you have to take some away to  let the others grow and become healthy, big and juicy orange carrots. We are going to go over there this weekend and tend to them and we may even plant some more vegetables to get our other bed started. It's so exciting this gardening thing. I hope you are not bored yet, I will soon start other projects that may be more interesting for you all.

"Carrots are an excellent source of antioxidant compounds, and the richest vegetable source of the pro-vitamin A carotenes. Carrots' antioxidant compounds help protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer and also promote good vision, especially night vision."

No comments:

Post a Comment