Tuesday, March 15, 2011

On my bedside table..

My hubby brought home a book yesterday about detoxing and cleansing. He was really excited about it and at first I kind of rolled my eyes at it. For you that does not know my husband, he likes to get totally into things and wants nothing else than to explore this new thing in his life. He loves to read about diet and health and is almost always looking for that thing to help him loose a few pounds or to be a healthier person. For me, who is not looking to loose weight I tend to do just that; roll my eyes. But last night when we went to bed he started reading this book called "Clean" to me. It is about a doctor who, when on his way to a promising career, but a faltering health, decide to step out of the Western world's view on fixing the body and find a more natural way of curing his faltering health. Last night, when my hubby got to tired of reading the book out loud to me I took over and I read it until he was snoozing next to me and my eyes started to hurt as well. This morning I picked it up again and I have been reading it ever since.

I don't know if this is something for me, but it certainly makes me want to go to Whole Foods, become a hippie and live on a farm out in no where far away from this world's toxins.. We'll see where it takes us..

No comments:

Post a Comment