Monday, May 2, 2011

basil and snail mail is fun!

I'm one of those people who still LOVES to get a letter in the mail. I think e-mails are great and don't think I would be able to live all the way over here while everyone that I love is all the way over there (Sweden) without the internet. But there is something so fantastic about a hand written letter in the mail. It does not happen very often but when I go to pick up the mail and there is a letter from someone special, it makes me so so happy! Today was one of those days! My dear mother had sent me a little note and also two May-flowers. It is something that you can buy every spring in Sweden and I believe you can chose from different things like pins, stickers, magnets etc and the money goes to underprivileged children.  My mother sent me two pins that I stuck to a felt heart (another gift from my mother) that I have in my car. It's nice to always see it when I get into my car when it makes me think of her.

the mayflowers are different every year
The basil I planted a while ago is liking this hot weather we have got and is growing fast. I also put down some lavender a few weeks ago and it is also liking it on our front porch. I'm thinking I'm going to dry it and then make little fabric pouches to put it in that will smell of sweet lavender. Relaxing....


I hope you are well today and hope to hear from you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment