Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Southern Belle in the Making?

I'm not so sure, but at least I tried for my hubby tonight. I made fried chickin'! I started the process yesterday with marinating the chicken pieces in Buttermilk (which I think is just like Swedish "fil mjolk"!) and a bunch of delicious spices. Today we made homemade breadcrumbs mixed with the same spices as in the marinade and fried em' up in some peanut oil. Delicious! With it we boiled some corn on the cob and we also made a salad. So so so good, we were grinning from ear to ear! 





Now we may make some ice cream and crawl up in the couch. We still have one Daim bar left from the big bunch my hubby brought back for me from Amsterdam. Some vanilla ice cream and Daim pieces, mmmm... Tastes almost like the Daim strut from back home. Makes me happy!

Yes, I'm back home in our house again. Babysitting is over for this time. It was quite alright, they are great kids to deal with, but I'm so happy to be back home!



Sleep tight from the Blue's

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh that diner was fantastic...Can't wait for leftovers.

    ReplyDelete